Saturday, May 5, 2018

All they do is grow leaves they intend to drop

What’s with the trees anyway?  Year after year, the same damn thing.  Grow the leaves, drop the leaves.  Wait a bit.  Start over.

They do rise superior to humans, in this regard, however... they live their dharma and don’t ask why.  And no one, except the argumentative by nature, questions why.

I do have a routine.  Wake, shower (wash all parts in the same order), prep myself for work (each grooming step in the same order), drive to work and clock in, do the same steps every night, feel the same boredom each time, go home and attend to the pets’ needs in the same order, go to sleep in the same spot.  Wake early at the same time, lounge around in a half-awake state, fall back to sleep a couple hours later.  Four days in a row of this.

Saturday arrives and I am hankering for the road.  Often, the same trips as before, as the wife has only one day off and we can only go so far in a single day.  I do the trip under the guise that I am adding variety to my life, but a step back from that allows me to see it is a routine as well.

If I didn’t look deeply at this, it may end up changing, and that’s just crazy talk.

But... just in the interest of talking crazy...

What exactly am I looking for?

In a previous entry, I admitted revisiting sites to maintain a record of their decay, and to relive, a bit, those days of shared adventure with passed-on friends.  I stand by that.

New places we never reached, I continue to seek for my own edification, perhaps.

Or to share with Mrs. Travel.  Show her things she doesn’t have the same interest in.  Her reason is to spend time together.  Ultimately, that was probably what started me at all this, so it’s an admirable reason and I respect it.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to just inject something new into a life of dull routine.  Maybe an old haunt with 2018’s leaves is enough to make it seem like an adventure.  I think my dharma may be to do more than just shuffle through a routine?  Now that... that’s crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil or you'll go the way of the dodo.